- Stick a skewer or even a piece of spaghetti into a pile of playdough then give your child beads, pasta or Cheerios and let them make a tower on the skewer.
- Make bracelets with beads, pasta or Cheerios/Fruit Loops and pipe cleaners. Make a color pattern or a rainbow.
- Make an inside or outside obstacle course. Work on jumping over things and crawling under things. For example, crawl under the table, jump over some pillows, crab walk around a chair then crawl over the couch cushions. Repeat 4 times.
- Practice correctly forming letters from a specific group, such as the c-curve letters (c, a, d, g, q, s, o), in the air 3 times each. Children in grades K and up: write words using those letters in the air (for example, dad, dog). Go to our DEW Handwriting page for instructions on proper letter formation and practice sheets.
- Remember to continue to utilize the terminology from the Zones of Regulation Program throughout the day to help your child identify how they are feeling (blue, green, yellow or red zone). Practice using different strategies to help them self-regulate, for example, deep breathing or wall push-ups. Parents should model identifying their own zone and using appropriate strategies to adjust that zone. To the left there is a Zones of Regulation tab for specific information about the program.
- Continue practicing using typing.com or Typing Agent.
- Continue to practice shoe tying, buttoning, and/or zipping.